MY MUSIC MONDAY 30.04

MY MUSIC MONDAY 30.04


yEp this is going to be a regular thing now. did someone say commitment

Andy Polk 

Andy Polk reminds me of a more electronic Blackbear and I really like Blackbear. Feel like I may eventually overplay and get bored of Cigarette Burns in the Sofa and Be Alright but for now I'm loving it. Very new upcoming not much info to be found.
(update just discovered a whole load of his old songs on Spotify, love those times when you find new/old/unlistened to music from an artist you love)


Roy Blair

Roy Blair makes me think of Declan McKenna and I don't know why because their music is quite different but maybe it's the same mix of being groovy whilst not quite fully developed teenage boy look. Apparently Roy Blair used to be a backing singer for Kevin Abstract of Brockhampton(amazing boyband not boyband). He released Cat Heaven in late 2017 which includes lovely tracks Hazel and Perfume


Abhi The Nomad 

Incredibly cool character producing catchy indie hip-hop tunes. Exhibit A: Sex n' Drugs and Exhibit B: Somebody to Love. Two albums out since 2015. Very unique sound and imaging go check him oooout. 
Definition of nomad: a member of a people that travels from place to place to find fresh pasture for its animals and has no permanent home.


Oliver Tree 

Banging tunes right here but wanted to check out the man behind the shades and bowl cut: looked him up on YouTube and found an interview with Blake Webber. Now I don't know if that was the usual for a Blake Webber video or if it was all Oliver's idea but I think this must be what it's like taking acid. Questioning the purpose and sanity of the video but still great music and that's what we're here for.
(went on to watch his latest music video for All That X Alien Boy and I can confirm Oliver Tree is making full use of his artistic licence.)


Anderson Paak 

Nice hip-hop non-abusive/abrasive rap tunes good to chill and bop to. Catchy tunes include Bloody Waters, Come Down and my personal favourite (with Kaytranada) GLOWED UP... Here's me trying to think of someone to compare him to but I can't because he's just too individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment